All artists must read the below Terms & Conditions of the Agency Agreement and sign to confirm their understanding and acceptance of the agreement between themselves and 1 Big Door Entertainment Group t/a Colt Talent prior to being represented by 1 Big Door Entertainment Group t/a Colt Talent.
Hereafter, 1 Big Door Entertainment Group t/a Colt Talent will be referred to as ‘the Agency’, the applicant (or the signatory parent/guardian) will be referred to as ‘the Artiste’, ‘the Client’ will refer to any Company subcontracting the services of the Artiste, and the term Assignment(s) will refer to any work, assignment, audition or casting arranged by the Agency.
The Artiste understanding and final acceptance of these terms and conditions will be acknowledged upon receipt of the Artistes application for representation by the agency. Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
1. The Artiste guarantees that the information submitted to the Agency for registration is complete and truthful. The Artiste understands that the Agency will represent them in their capacity as an independent contractor for the period 1st May to 1st May annually. The agreement will then continue on a rolling basis thereafter under the same terms. The Agency has the right to represent the Artiste in any promotional/advertising capacity. The Agency agrees to represent the Artiste and enters into this Agreement in good faith but cannot guarantee that the Artiste will receive any work as ultimately the final casting decision rests with the Client and not the Agency. The Agency undertakes to ensure ‘good intentions’ of all Clients with whom Assignment(s) are confirmed, but the Artiste acknowledges that any work accepted is entirely at their own discretion and risk.
2. The Artiste agrees that the Agency has the right to terminate this agreement and its representation of the Artiste with immediate effect should the Artiste, or any person accompanying the Artiste, fail to behave in a professional and courteous manner at all times on Assignment(s) or should an Artiste fail to attend a pre- arranged Assignment(s) without notifying the Agency. The Artiste agrees that the Agency has the right to terminate this agreement and its representation of the Artiste with immediate effect should an Artiste, or any person representing the Artiste, fail to behave in a professional and courteous manner towards, and during any communication with, the Agency and Agency staff. In the event of the Agency terminating this agreement as a result of an Artiste failing to attend a pre-arranged Assignment(s) without notifying the Agency the Artiste may be liable for the costs of that Assignment(s).
The Artiste has the right to terminate this agreement at any time. However, the Artiste cannot terminate this agreement, and will remain under obligation with the Agency, if undertaking an ongoing Assignment(s) until the completion of that Assignment(s) or any associated Assignment(s) in full and the Artiste agrees to complete any Assignment(s) with the Agency that has been started in any form, verbally/written/email etc, and may not continue this Assignment(s) with a different agent/agency or by self/parent/guardian or any other form of representation. All future agency fees relating to any assignments that were undertaken by the Artiste during their term with the agency will continually be deducted. The Artiste agrees to complete any Assignment(s) with the agency that has been started in any form, verbally/written/email etc, and may not continue the Assignment(s) with a different agent/agency or by self/parent/guardian, or any other form, of representation.
3. In the event that the Artiste completes an Assignment(s) negotiated by the Agency, the Artiste grants the Agency sole authority to invoice for the Artiste’s services on their behalf and to collect all gross income arising from any Assignment(s) throughout the term. The Artiste authorizes the Agency to deduct their agency fee and PAYE from any gross income prior to issuing payment to the Artiste. The Agency’s agency fee may differ on a job by job basis but the Artiste acknowledges the agency fee is determined by the Agency and will be within15-25% on background extra/standin roles and between 20-30% on featured roles at the Agency’s discretion. The Artiste recognizes and agrees that the Client is the employer and therefore payment for an Assignment(s) can only be made to the Artiste as applicable, on receipt of payment from the Client to the Agency. The Agency cannot be held responsible for payment of monies owed to the Artiste by the Client if the Client withholds payments from the Agency for any reason.
It is solely the Artistes responsibility to finance and organize travel to auditions/or Assignment(s) unless stated otherwise. The Artiste specifically acknowledges that in all respects in performing their obligations under this Agreement and in rendering their services and performing any tasks, they will in all respects fall under the status of an independent contractor and not an agent, employee or representative of the Agency and as an Independent Contractor the Artiste acknowledges that they are responsible for their own tax/PAYE.
4. The Artiste agrees that job details will initially be given orally or in electronic format at the point of booking. The Artiste agrees it is not the responsibility of the Agency to ensure the Artistes safety whilst undertaking any Assignment(s). The Artiste agrees to comply with all rules and regulations, including those pertaining to Health & Safety, which are in place at the Agency and at any premises or location where any Assignment(s) are undertaken. The Artiste agrees that the Agency cannot be held responsible or liable for any injury or accident that may occur to the Artiste when travelling to or during any Assignment(s) they undertake on behalf of the Agency. The Artiste agrees that the Agency cannot be held responsible or liable for any loss or damage to the Artiste’s personal clothing or effects whilst travelling to/from or during any Assignment(s) they undertake on behalf of the Agency.
5. The Artiste agrees that it is their responsibility to notify the Agency of any changes to their personal details to include (but not be limited to) change of contact details, telephone numbers, measurement details and bank details. The Artiste agrees that it is their responsibility to notify the Agency of any changes to their appearance to include (but not be limited to) change of hair style/colour, weight loss/gain, addition of a tattoo or piercing. The Artiste agrees to update the images provided to the Agency if a significant change in their appearance has taken place. The Artiste acknowledges that the Agency cannot be held responsible any non-payment of an Assignment(s) where an Artiste has been selected for the Assignment on the basis of their appearance and has misrepresented their appearance, employment status or not updated their photographs, sizes or any other personal information relating to their selection for the Assignment by the Client.
6 The Artiste acknowledges that by providing the Agency with contact information, such as an email address or telephone number ("Contact Information"), the Artiste authorizes the Agency to communicate them using the Contact Information provided. The Artiste acknowledges the Agency may contact you in person or by recorded message, by e-mail, telephone and/or mobile telephone number (including use of automated dialing equipment), text (SMS) message, or any other means of communication through the Contact Information you have provided to us.
7 The Artiste acknowledges by completing an application form, they grant the Agency and its affiliated companies, and their sub-licensees (or other suppliers) permission to use, transmit, reproduce, publish, publicly display, publicly perform, reformat, edit, delete, or translate the Artistes personal information, in connection with services provided. No compensation is payable to the Artiste with respect to display of their personal information, as provided herein. The Artiste confirms that they have all rights necessary to supply the Agency with this personal information and that the submission, transmission, posting and use of their personal information by the Agency is not in violation of any applicable laws or contractual restrictions or other third party rights (including, without limitation, privacy, publicity, and intellectual property rights of persons or property appearing therein).
8. The Artiste acknowledges and accepts that the Agency has a yearly administration fee of R150 which will be deducted from the Artistes gross income. The administration fee is to cover costs (but not limited to) the cost of representing the Artiste, database capture, bank charges, Artiste portal/website profile hosting, submission of presentations and in-studio photos/photo updates. This yearly administration fee is subject to change at the discretion of the Agency. The Artiste acknowledges that the registration fee paid to the Agency is non-refundable and does not guarantee work nor does it create any expectation of work.
9. The Artiste agrees that they shall not without prior written consent from the Agency make public any information in connection with the business of the Agency or these Terms & Conditions. The Artiste agrees that any details regarding Assignment(s) work, paid or un-paid, undertaken by the Artiste will not be divulged to the press/radio or any media nor posted on any social networking site or public forum without written consent by the Agency. The Artiste agrees that if they are deemed by the Agency to have divulged any details regarding Assignment(s) work, paid or un-paid to the press/radio or any media the Agency has the right to terminate this Agreement. The Artiste agrees that if they are deemed by the Agency to have posted derogatory and/or slanderous remarks on social networking sites and/or public forums the Agency has the right to terminate this Agreement.
10. The Artiste agrees that in the event of any problem or disagreement whilst on an assignment that they must inform the Agency immediately and not attempt to resolve the issue themselves.
11. The Artiste agrees to inform the agency as to any changes in their circumstances whist with the Agency. The Artiste acknowledges that if they are a Foreign National, it is their responsibility to, timeously; supply the Agency with a valid and updated Work Permit, failing which the Artiste acknowledges they will not be considered for future work until an updated valid permit is supplied to the Agency.
12. The Agency reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time at their discretion.
13. The Artiste has read and fully understood and agrees to the terms and conditions set down in this document.